This academy was established in 1933. Farragut is located in St. Petersburg, Florida in Pinellas County. It is a private, college prep school serving students in grades PreK3-12 for Preschool, Elementary School, Middle School, and High School.
With a 100% college acceptance rate, graduates from Farragut succeed in college as organized, accountable, self-disciplined, and respectful critical thinkers who understand that dreams and hard work go hand in hand.
This academy’s core values involve Integrity, Self-Discipline, Perseverance, Wellness, and Fitness.
Starting in PreK, students benefit from a challenging and engaging academic curriculum, such as foreign languages (Mandarin Chinese and Spanish), STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math), marine science at the campus’ waterfront, hands-on field trips, and are all taught using a strong foundation of Character Education.
Once students reach 8th grade they can enroll in unique academic courses like Aviation (including Dual Enrollment with Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University), all levels of Scuba Diving, Sailing, and Engineering. All students in 8th-12th grade are part of a Naval Jr. ROTC (NJROTC) program because Admiral Farragut Academy is one of only two Honor Naval Academies in the United States, so designated by an Act of Congress and reaccredited each year by the Department of the Navy.
Farragut also has a strong 5 or 7-day boarding program for students starting in the 8th grade.
|Address||501 Park St N, St. Petersburg, FL 33710, United States|
Academic Facilities in the school are:
- 4 computer labs and engineering lab
- 16,000 volume library
- Wi-Fi and Netbooks, smart board
- Smart Document Cameras and learning tool
The Farragut Experience includes a robust private school and college.
Lower School Curriculum (PreK-7th Grade)
Students in PreK-1st grade are taught by one teacher per grade. 2nd-3rd-grade students are taught by two faculty members. 4th-7th-grade students have one faculty member per subject and switch classrooms just like in the Upper School. Faculty teaching students in grades 4-7 teach their subject matter to their students for all four years.
Schools 8th graders are part of the Upper School because the educational trend in both public and private institutions is so.
The grades are grouped properly and helped with proper seminars and presentations.
Admission & Aid
Admissions Process Checklist:
Grades PreK-5/Student admission process
- Apply online and pay the non-refundable $100 application fee by debit or credit card.
- If you plan to apply for financial aid – start the financial aid application now
- Results of any individual testing and evaluations on record
- Schedule a student shadow day
- Schedule a tour
Grades 6-12/US-Student admission process
- Same goes for International-Student admission process as well. But these require English language proficiency scores (TOEFL or ITEP SLATE)
Athletics & Extra-Curricular Activities:
School provides variety of facilities like:
- Yacht basin and boathouse
- Fleet of boats including a specially designed marine science boat, sailboats, kayaks, and more
- Outdoor heated swimming pool, basketball court
- Weight room, locker rooms, and obstacle course
- Quarter-mile track
- Baseball and softball diamonds
- Soccer and football field
- 2 tennis and volleyball courts
- Indoor rifle ranges, senioritis.
Go ahead and get the best experience of schooling and fun together.
For any admission related queries reach out to:
Mr. Aaron Hawkins, Admissions Director
- Admissions Phone:
- Toll-Free Admissions: